2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

When Mo gives it to the other team 1 out of 4 times he touches the ball, it really negates a lot of scoring and rebounding. I'm not convinced that KP couldn't put up similar numbers without the Mo crap that drive us all crazy.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Mo is the only player that can consistently score. If we had someone else that could score, he wouldn't get doubled every game.
      lol. He only gets doubled because he can’t pass out of a double team.

Comment

• Apparently numbers mean nothing to HCIB.

JP should not be playing more than RC

KP would absolutely be better than mo given equal playing time

All our analytics show one of the most stagnet offensive bb teams in D1

Yet we dance around all the facts and continue to blast sunshine up their a$$

The crowds will continue to dwindle and less than 6000 will show for Memphis

Comment

• Remember when we had a coach who was not afraid to tell MK that his team wasn't very good and complained about consistently throwing the ball into the 5th row of the Roundhouse on turnovers?

Yes, I miss that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Everybody is playing so well it hard to get more people playing time.
            hmmmmmm, MU 3 assists - 28 TO's. Team's 136 / 152 and everyone is playing well?
            TE shooting 33%, JP 30%, and several others mid 30's.........playing well?
            I don't see how he could possibly make that statement and that in itself is troubling.
            Stop covering for players and their crappy often times selfish play and rip some new ones
            If you can't find more minutes for KP at both PF/C then your cutting your own and the team's throat
            Having said all that, in the future, I am tired of being so negative and will do my best to find
            something encouraging to talk about. Really, I'll try.

Comment

• IB has apparently never heard or seen +- in box scores. JP is now -40 for the year. There is no way he should be starting, unless IB wants, Ricky or Monzy or Pohto to enter the transfer portal. They all have way better +- numbers for the year than JP. If JP starts the balance of this year, I would be shocked if at least one of those key players doesn’t leave, due to IB’s continuing to start JP. Hope I am wrong and IB changes his starting five.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

hmmmmmm, MU 3 assists - 28 TO's. Team's 136 / 152 and everyone is playing well?
                TE shooting 33%, JP 30%, and several others mid 30's.........playing well?
                I don't see how he could possibly make that statement and that in itself is troubling.
                Stop covering for players and their crappy often times selfish play and rip some new ones
                If you can't find more minutes for KP at both PF/C then your cutting your own and the team's throat
                Having said all that, in the future, I am tired of being so negative and will do my best to find
                something encouraging to talk about. Really, I'll try.
                Best of luck… I’m usually a glass half-full ‘sunshine pumper’, but this is about as discouraged I’ve been in month of Sundays…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Best of luck… I’m usually a glass half-full ‘sunshine pumper’, but this is about as discouraged I’ve been in month of Sundays…

I agree; I'm having Scott Thompson flashbacks.

If he doesn't want to rip the kids in media, I'm cool with that. But you can say it without mentioning names, and you can certainly get attention with playing time. Yet those changes have not happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Remember when we had a coach who was not afraid to tell MK that his team wasn't very good and complained about consistently throwing the ball into the 5th row of the Roundhouse on turnovers?

Yes, I miss that too.
                    Twitter warriors, a crackpot “journalist”, and the generation of snowflakes thought that type of behavior was mean. Well now we have a nice guy players coach. Hope they’re happy.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't think we have the personnel for the offense to ever work. If I'm an opposing coach, I'm going to pretty much ignore Pleasant and Dennis when the Shox have the ball. Use one guy to harass Porter and two guys always able to quickly double Etienne and Udeze. Udeze will turn it over. Etienne will get frustrated and start putting up bad shots.

Let Pleasant and Dennis shoot any time. If they try to drive, they're both so slow while dribbling that the guys doubling Udeze can easily cut them off.

I hate to criticize Porter, but he seems to always give his defender room to easily go over the top of a screen. The only thing the high post screens are effective at is taking 5 or 6 seconds off the shot clock and leading to a pass to a wing 28' from the basket with a defender in his face.

What offensive sets are effective when there are only two guys on the court who are a threat to score? Oh, wait, maybe putting more guys on the court who are a threat to score might be an idea.

Hero ball is contagious. When there's one guy on the team who can do it with no consequences, there are going to be other guys doing it. Council > Etienne this year. Council can get to the basket if he's face guarded. Etienne can't - or doesn't try.

Comment

• I'm going to add to some of what others have mentioned or put it in a different perspective.

Udeze/Pleasant vs Pohto/Jackson. One note: I'm not using the normal FG% as Pohto/Jackson take more 3s and I will add an adjusted number for minutes played (adj) when that should apply.

2pt FG%: U/P .520, P/J .538

3pt FG%: U/P .350, P/J .333 (this is with Pohto most likely shooting a worse % than normal)

O Reb: U/P 34, P/J 34, 52 (adj)

D Reb: U/P 65, P/J 33, 50 (adj)

T Reb: U/P 99, P/J 67, 102 (adj)

PFs: U/P 49, P/J 33, 50 (adj)

Assists: U/P 5, P/J 15, 23 (adj)

TOs: U/P 34, P/J 17, 26 (adj), A/T ratio: U/P 1/6.8, P/J 1/1.1

Steals: U/P 10, P/J 11, 17 (adj)

Blocks: U/P 13, P/J 8, 12 (adj)

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker View Post

I think the losses would be easier to take if the team was playing decent. I think most people are not as upset with the losses as they are with the horrible basketball that has been played. There is a big difference between just simply getting beat by a better team and giving the game away with poor shot selection and dumb mistakes. The offensive game plan (or lack thereof) falls squarely on the shoulders of the coach and there doesn't seem to be improvement from game to game.
                          I agree but I watched the 2nd half of the North Texas game this afternoon. We made 6 shots in the 2nd half. Missed 13 shots (most of them open), had 4 shots blocked and turned the ball over 7 times (didn’t include offensive fouls). Coach doesn’t shoot or turn over the ball. They had open shots but didn’t make them. I would start RC in place of JP or play KP as the power forward. We need someone to score. Can’t expect 2 of the starters to carry the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Roy Clark was a musical genius and had to prostitute himself on that corn pone nonsense show.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Wouldn't have an idea if IB reads SN and this particular topic but if he does I
                              gotta say this coach. I believe it's past time for accountability / measures to
                              deal with the team's poor offense. How about jerking any player who makes
                              a bonehead play, fails to block out, misses an easy pass for an assist while
                              over dribbling, forces plays instead of passing, makes a stupid turnover that
                              results in an easy basket, etc..........there has been NO accountability that I
                              have noticed. Bottom line is I believe you have been way to soft on your players
                              and your getting soft results on offense. KP has been one of your most solid
                              mistake free fundamentally sound players. Very unselfish, rebounds, defends
                              and sees the court. We are weak at PF. How about KP there 10-15 mpg and
                              another ten at center?? This team needs more solid/smart play like KP has
                              given and more bench time for players forcing the action while not seeing the
                              court and their team mates.
                              You won't ever get your point across to IB if you're only going to use a sports forum, which he probably doesn't read. The best way is to use the coaches show. That way you'll be sure to reach him. Or maybe try email or go by his office.

Comment

• Unfortunately a high percentage of the critique on here is accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X